|Galaxy Class Pack - File Description
| Description: |
P81's Galaxy model is arguably one of the best Galaxy-Class models available for Armada II. A few years back, it was converted from BC and included in Ghost's Comp Mod. Not terribly long ago, Jetfreak released a second ship re-texture pack that included P81's Galaxy. The model was undoubtedly incredible, but it had one little nitpick of a texture bug on a nacelle pylon.
Several months ago, the Starbase 34 Compliation Mod debuted on Armada II Filefront. Two of the hero ships were the USS Galaxy and the USS Venture. The Galaxy herself used a model that did not have the little texture bug, and the model mesh itself was a bit more detailed. The Venture model was a slightly modified version of the Galaxy's model, with phaser banks on the nacelles.
Thanks to generous help from various members at MSFC, I now present the second release of my Galaxy-Class pack. I've taken a leaf out of Jetfreak's book in terms of organization of content and installation instructions. Hope you don't mind too much JF
Features and Updates:
- Revision of some minor texture issues
- Seperate SOD's for each variant
- Includes production Galaxy without registries
- Hero Picard USS Enterprise-D version is included as well, with custom registries
- Also features a Galaxy-Venture refit
- ISS Enterprise-D is also included, featuring new, more menacing-looking darkened textures
- Various Bonus Content added
- Unfortunately, buildbuttons and admirals log pics aren't included, since I don't have enough skill to make them. I might get around to doing it in the not-too-distant future if I get the right help. Stay tuned....
- Ships have been balanced to stock A2
- Thanks to help from Jetfreak and TheStarfleetKid, I've been able to hex-edit the models so that there are now seperate SODs for each variant included in this pack
- As another bonus, I have included a hero version of the pathfinder, the USS Galaxy herself, and a set of alternate textures for the Enterprise-D. These alternate textures for both the Galaxy and the Enterprise are 1024x1024, as opposed to the standard files, which are 512x512. Use these only if your computer can handle it; I don't want to hear complaints of computer lag because of the textures. That's why I included the low-res ones in the first place.
| || || |
|Galaxy Class Pack - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Galaxy Class Pack - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Galaxy Class Pack - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Model: Pneumonic81, edits by C2X and Captain Elgy on BC
- P81, edited by WileyCoyote on BC to become ISS Ent-D, conversion and minor edits by ISS Enterprise, textures darkened by Thunderfoot
- Scotchy for SNS Galaxy textures;
*edited by Captain Elgy, conversion and registry change by Jetfreak, minor edits by ISS Enterprise-D
*further edits by BR32/Elimnster for GCMP v2.1 on BC, conversion and major edits by ISS Enterprise-D
- Assistance with registry issues, registry removal, and size reduction by Majestic and Jetfreak
ODF: ISS Enterprise-D
Introduced: Late 2350s
Ship type: Explorer
Major Conflicts fought: Borg Invasion of 2367 and the Dominion War (2374-2375)
At the time of her launch in the waning years of the 24th century, the Galaxy-Class was the largest and most sophisticated design that Starfleet had ever undertaken. She was built to be a sort of "city-ship," as it was both large enough and had the facilities to accomodate not only the starship's crew members, but their families as well. The success and enhancements of the Galaxy-Class over the years have given her a hopeful outlook for the future, even with the emergence of the equally-capable Sovereign-Class starships.
USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D - Former Federation Flagship, the fifth starship to bear the prestigous name
USS Galaxy NCC-70637 - Class pathfinder and played a critical role in several battles of the Dominion War
USS Venture NCC-71854 - Testbed for enhancements to Galaxy-Class, and was key in numerous Dominion War battles
ISS Enterprise ICC-1701-D - Former Terran Empire flagship. Previously commanded by Regent Jean-Luc Picard
Installation: (Requires rudimentary modding skill)
Installation Method 1: (To add the ships as a new buildable unit.)
1) Back up the original files you will replace first. This is always a must.
Legend: (Use accordingly, apply to all models)
fship.sod = model
fship.odf = odf file
2) Open the SOD Folder and put the fship.sod in the folder
3) Open the odf/ships Folder and put the fship.odf in the folder
4) Open the Textures/RGB Folder and place the all TGA files in the folder
5) Open the bitmaps/admiralslog/shipimages Folder and put all bitmap files in the folder
6) Open tech1.tt located in the techtree folder and add the following line:
fship.odf 1 fyard.odf
7) Open fulltech.tt located in the techtree folder and add the following line:
8) Open the odf/stations folder, open any shipyard or station then add under the list of builditems
buildItemX = "fship" ( The X stands for the next number on the list)
9) Open gui_global.spr located in the sprites folder and add the following line: (make sure that they are aligned properly)
b_fship buildbuttonfilename 0 0 64 64
Installation Method 2: (To replace the existing unit. If you already have these items installed)
1) Back up the original files you will replace first. This is always a must.
2) Replace the textures and sods.
3) Rebalance the odf accordingly.
- Gene Roddenberry for creating the mutliverse of Star Trek that we know and love
- Activision for creating Armada II, which open up a world of modding of which I am proud to be a part of
- Armada II Filefront for existing in the first place. This site and her members introduced me into the wonders of game modding, so I thank you for allowing me to be able to present my work
- To MSFC as a whole, for the open kindness of its' members inspired me to advance my work another step. Thank you all for accepting me into the community, I feel like I'm truly a part of something I can be proud of
To the extent of my knowledge, there are no bugs in this pack that I can speak of. If you happen to find any, please post them in the comments, and I'll see what I can do
- ISS Enterprise-D
|Galaxy Class Pack - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Armada 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 6 | Last comment: 07-03-2010 at 21:53
From: (Merrimack, NH)
Joined: July 20th, 2008
|OH. Please tell me the hulls are darkened. The previous release was too much white for me. |
From: (S. Yorkshire)
Joined: May 21st, 2006
|It's hard to tell, but the second image looks like it's light. That's much better for a Starfleet ship; dark is only good for Terrans. |
From: (Naga City)
Joined: March 11th, 2007
|I say again, the reason for the apparent "whiteness" is due to map lighting. |
Stock maps tend to be oversaturated with lighting.
Try the Upgrade Project maps for example, they have great map lighting which makes these models look more realistic.
Joined: May 8th, 2005
|Very nice models..... I was wondering is anybody thinking of doing the same for the Galaxy X? Anyways great work and keep it up. |
Joined: May 30th, 2010
|Srsly awesome work here, props to you guys. Galaxy ftw |
Joined: July 12th, 2008
|Nice work ISS Enterprise-D, though I don't understand the purpose for all these axtra weapon hp's(you patricly maxed it out)had a hard time adding glow nodes to this as my modeling program keeps crashing everytime I hit a certain amount..gotta keep deleting 'em to make room. LOL! |
Like what you did though turning her more whitish..very nice! It's what made this the perfect candidate for a buildable Galaxy class(venture refit)for my fleet op's install.
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!